Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

It amazes me more and more just how quickly time flies by these days. It seemed like I just updated this days ago and yet the last time I posted was NYE. Crazy. I could have sworn one of my resolutions was to stop by and update more often and work on maybe possibly being able to write something more profound than " look at my kids...aren't they great" ( although we all know they are!).
Speaking of my adorable kids, since my last update we've celebrated Moira's third birthday ( Omg, talk about time flying!!!), seen Connors first tooth ( 3 months...seriously kiddo? let's not be in a hurry here.), bought a house in Fernandina Beach, Florida ( notice I didn't say "moved to"?), and spent about a month and a half with Mike working in GA during the week and coming home on weekends. We've said to goodbyes to dear dear friends and spent hours packing. We've painted the new house and made grandiose plans for kitchen remodels and landscaping projects.
Only the kids and I are still here in SC....still in limbo...and although an end is supposedly in sight, I have learned to never be surprised when the Navy is involved. Oh, and not to plan to far in advance either. Neither of which are a good thing when babies desperately miss their daddy and most of our stuff is in boxes in the dining room or spare room. Moira is starting to get angry when she can't find something or when I tell her what she is looking for is packed. I'm amazed the wailing and gnashing of teeth can't be heard all the way to VA. And Connor is just Connor, sweet cheerful goofy lil Connor. What an amazing lil guy he is and so deliciously different than his sister. I love them both so much and can't wait for all of this to be done so we can settle in our new house. With daddy. Where we belong. <3

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

When's the party?! I'll be there with your two presents, Moira's birthday present and even Baby Connor's birthday present to catch up on lost time! Miss You Girl. We FINALLY move in a week from today... I totally understand your frustration. Sydney asks for her toys or clothes and before I answer, she says, "I know - they're on the Truck." I think it will be more dramatic than Christmas when we finally get to unpack...